Wednesday, January 23, 2013

An Apology

I want to apologize to those of you who have been faithful readers of my blog.  I am so sorry that it has been so long since I posted anything, but there have been some extenuating circumstances, which I want to briefly explain.  This post probably won't be very long, but it will let you know everything that I am dealing with currently.

Being one of those people that suffers from depression, especially around the holidays, it took me some time to just get over all of the stress.  My fibro has been flaring off and on for the last month, which hasn't been at all pleasant.  About the time that things started to look better, my husband became extremely ill.  One week ago, he had an attack from his condition.  By the time the ambulance arrived at the house, his speech was unintelligible, and he had lost all feeling and movement in his left leg.

The doctor in our little hospital here contacted Dale's neurologist, and it was decided that he would be transferred to one of the large hospitals in Louisville.  After two MRI's, they discovered a severely pinched nerve in Dale's back which is causing the paralysis in his left leg.  He has been transferred Frazier Rehab, which is a world class rehab hospital in Louisville.  Dale will probably be in this hospital for 2-3 weeks.  If they can't work the pinched nerve out with therapy, they will probably bring in a neurosurgeon to see if it can be fixed that way.  If they do decide to do surgery, it will mean an additional 2-3 weeks in the rehab hospital.

Currently, my youngest son is home sick with tonsillitis and an upper respiratory infection, so I am staying home with him right now.  Hopefully, he will start feeling better very soon.  I am in massive amounts of pain right now, but I will survive.  To top it off, we just got a new puppy.  Yesterday, we learned that some of his litter mates have developed parvo, and he is showing all the signs and symptoms.  We are trying to nurse him through it, but I'm terrified it is a losing battle.

So, as you can see, my plate is pretty full at the moment.  I promise that once things calm down a bit, I will be back to writing far more regularly.  Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment